The main peculiarity of cranberries is probably the way they are harvested. When the crop is ready, cranberry fields are flooded. After the shrubs have been put under water, the fruits are shaken off, floating up to the surface where they are gathered using nets or vacuums. Cranberries’ taste is sour and astringent, requiring sweetening for consumption as dried fruit.
About 95% of all cranberries produced worldwide are processed into products such as juice drinks, sauce, and sweetened dried cranberries. Only the remaining 5% are sold fresh to consumers. Dried cranberries are used in a variety of baking and confectionery products, cereals, granolas and snack mixes.
Cranberries are packed with vitamin C, antioxidants and other natural compounds.
Kenkko supply whole and sliced cranberries in all grades from all origins.